Calocephalus brownii (Silver Bush) 10.5cm Pot
€2.95 “Price excl. VAT: €2.60”
Silver Bush (Calocephalus) is a small round shrub with eye-catching, hairy twigs that have a pretty silvery appearance. From a distance it looks just like barbed wire, but beautiful and without the painful barbs! The plant flowers yellow in August and September but the main attraction is undoubtedly its silver-grey foliage, which combines beautifully with blue and white autumn violas, checkerberry, pink Cyclamen, prickly heath and Skimmia. Silver Bush also works very well in autumn hanging baskets.
- Silver Bush likes a spot in full sun or partial shade and can even tolerate shade for half the day.
- Feels most at home in fairly dry, somewhat acidic and well-draining soil. The best time for planting is in late summer and autumn.
- The plant is fairly hardy. In moderate frost it’s best to cover it or place it in a cool, light spot like a greenhouse or in the shed.
- Preferably prune in early spring, then the plant will sprout beautiful grey twigs.
- Give some extra food once every two months, especially if Silver Bush is in pots or containers.
Supplied in a 10.5cm pot
Price is per plant
Availability: 4 in stock